03 November 2018

150,000 km travelled and rolling along happily

I had the 150,000km service performed and everything is looking fine. I still have 12 capacity bars, but the range has dropped approximately 10km over the last 20,000 kms.

A noise had started 20,000+ km ago. When the car weight shifted, it would make a sound like the springs were moving. It did not seem to affect the car, but it would make the noise going around round-a-bouts. Later the noise occurred every time I came to a stop. I replaced the sway bar links, but it did not fix the issue, so I had the Bearing Strut Mounts for the front suspension replaced and the noise is gone. This cost $515, but it was annoying me, so I am not bothered with spending the money.

Also, my brakes had become very jerky, with pulsing on gentle application of the brakes or over braking when coming near the regen / friction switchover point. So I requested a relearn on the brake system and everything is working happily again.

150,000km and 12 capacity bars

3 comments:

  1. FWIW my strut bearings made the same noise too. Did it cost anything to have your brakes re-learned? Mine have been pretty grabby lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure, as it had the service at the same time.

      Delete
  2. So how many kms are you at now if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete