19 April 2016

100,000 km travelled and still rolling along happily


After 100,000km, my LEAF still drives like it did when it was new (but not as far on a single charge). I had the tyres replaced, a few air conditioner filters and two brake flushes. I thought the eight capacity bar would go before I could travel 100,000km, but it never did. So the battery capacity fade really does slow as the battery is used.

100,000km travelled, still 9 bars of capacity

My electricity price changed twice, once when the carbon tax was introduced and another when it was abolished (tariff 11 pricing). The price never returned to the pre carbon tax price :(   I only record the cost per kWh, not the daily connection fee, which also increased.

kWh / 100km

$ AUD / 100km

After 100,000 km, my LEAF total fuel, tyre and servicing costs were $6,492, less than the cost of petrol for my old 2001 Toyota Corolla $9,000 (7500 litres @ 1.20c / litre). If you add tyres and services for the Corolla, you could add another $2,000. (10 x $150 services and $500 tyres).  I stopped recording petrol prices in 2012 when I bought my LEAF. Caltex provide historical pricing until 2015  http://www.caltex.com.au/LatestNews/FuelPricing/Pages/HistoricalPricing.aspx

The other column is car repayments, which I never include in the running costs as I am a private purchaser and will own the car (treat it like an asset). Also insurance costs are not included.


Expenses to 100,000km

4 comments:

  1. How many kms are you at now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost at 110,000km, the battery had a sudden loss of capacity and has been at the dealer for about 10 weeks waiting for parts.

      Delete
    2. That's crazy! Will complaints to Nissan HQ get you far?

      Delete
    3. The parts come from Nissan Japan. The dealer had to follow many procedures and have the results verified by Nissan Australia before Nissan Japan would release parts. I am not sure how long it will take for them to arrive, luckily I have an N16 Pulsar to drive around in the mean time.

      Delete